Information Required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code and Section 2051.202, Texas Government Code
Click here for information about the District as required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code, created by Senate Bill 2 (also known as the Texas Property Tax Reform and Transparency Act of 2019) and as required by Texas Tax Code 2051.202, in compliance with House Bill 1154.
Name of District
Northwest Harris County Municipal District No. 10
Name and Term of Office for Each Board Member
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Gloria L. Malek, Term Ends: 5/2026
Wenselado “Junior” Yharte, Term Ends: 5/2024
T. Taylor Broun, III, Term Ends: 5/2026
Gary Stebbins, Term Ends: 5/2026
Kenneth Dinges, Term Ends: 5/2024
Contact Information for Main Office of District (Mailing and Physical Address, and Phone Number)
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100
Houston, Texas 77019
Official Contact Information for Each Board Member
Same as contact information for main office of the district.
If Applicable, Name of the General Manager
The Name of the Person Representing the Operator, Including a Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Ms. Cathy Falke
Environmental Development Partners, LLC
Mailing & Physical Address: 17495 Village Green, Houston, Texas 77040
The Name of the Person Representing the Tax Assessor/Collector, Including Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Ms. Jennifer Landreville
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 73109, Houston, Texas 77273-3109
Physical Address: 17111 Rolling Creek Drive, Houston, Texas 77090
The Rate of the Ad Valorem Tax
- 2022: $0.64
If Applicable, the Sales and Use Tax Rate
Any Tax Rate Hearing Notice
- Notices of Public Hearing on Tax Rate
Location and Schedule of Meeting of the District
Monthly on the first Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at 14415 Barker Cypress, Cypress, Harris County, Texas 77429.
A Statement that the Residents Have a Right to Request a Designation of a Meeting Location Within the District
The Board’s regular meetings are held in the District at 14415 Barker Cypress, Cypress, Texas 77429. Nevertheless, under Texas law, the following information is required to be posted on the District’s website:
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/water-districts/forms/form-20863.pdf.
Each Meeting Notice and Minutes of Meetings for the Current Year and the Preceding 12 Months
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Tax rate for maintenance and operations adopted by the taxing unit for the current year and preceding two years:
- 2020: $0.20
- 2021: $0.20
The proposed maintenance and operations tax rate for the current year:
- 2022: $0.20
The tax rate for debt service adopted by the taxing unit for the current year and preceding two years:
- 2020: $0.46
- 2021: $0.46
The proposed debt service tax rate for the current year:
- 2022: $0.44
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
(Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
- Conflicts Disclosure Statement Form
- TEC – Conflict of Interest Forms and Instructions
- The Directors and vendors have not disclosed any conflicts pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176.
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Election – Documents
- Application For a Place on the Ballot For a General Election For a City, School District or Other Political Subdivision (state.tx.us)
Solicitud de Inscripción para un Lugar en la Boleta de Una Elección General para Una Ciudad, Distrito Escolar u Otra Subdivisión Polĺtica (state.tx.us)
- Candidacy Filing – Local Political Subdivisions
- Water Code Chapter 49 – Provisions Applicable to All Districts
- Water Code Chapter 54 – Municipal Utility Districts
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail or hand deliver your request to Smith, Murdaugh, Little & Bonham, L.L.P., 2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019.